Expert Witness Services
SFC Associates has been involved in the financial services industry for over 20 years providing comprehensive litigation consulting and investment advisory services to law firms, corporations and government agencies. The firm’s expertise covers hedge funds, private equity and investment management; securities and complex financial instruments, including structured products; corporate finance; banking and brokerage issues; and valuation and damages analysis.
Areas of Expertise include:
- Mortgage Backed Securities and Structured Products
- Mortgage-backed securities including RMBS, CDO, CLO SIVs
- Valuation of MBS and Portfolios
- Distressed debt, complex derivatives, and structured products
- Madoff Related Litigation, Ponzi Schemes and Large Trading Losses
- Madoff-related lawsuits, “Red Flags” and Ponzi Litigation
- hedge fund due diligence and practices
- investment suitability and fiduciary duties for brokers and investment advisers
- Market Manipulation Cases
- LIBOR, ISDAfix, Foreign Exchange and Insider Trading
- Hedge Funds, Investment Management, Suitability and Due Diligence
- Hedge fund policies and procedures
- Securities, Derivatives and Financial Markets
- Complex options, swaps and structured products in equity, fixed income, currency and commodities markets
- Valuation and Damage Calculations
- Valuation of complex securities and hedge fund firms
- Damages calculations including causation and alternative scenarios
SFC’s Principals and Affiliates have consulted on many prominent cases, including those related to Madoff fraud-related litigation; the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy; mortgage-backed securities losses; the Orange County bankruptcy; the Petters Ponzi scheme litigation; CFTC foreign exchange enforcement actions; and Refco fraud-related litigation. SFC experts have testified in federal, state, tax, and bankruptcy courts, as well as FINRA, AAA, JAMS, and other arbitrations.
Learn more about our expanded Structured Mortgage Product Program
Hedge Fund & Investment Management
SFC Associates has been providing investment management and hedge fund services since 1991. SFC’s services have included advising investors on asset allocation, risk management, and hedge fund investments in a wide variety of strategies. The firm has conducted well over 300 due diligence reviews of hedge funds and has helped investors select the appropriate strategies and hedge funds that meet their objectives. SFC has also successfully raised assets for hedge funds and fund of funds over the past 22 years as well as participated in the valuation of hedge fund and fund of fund firms and investment portfolios.